When creating a new score, you have the option to add one or multiple instruments, from our provided list or your own custom instruments.
The chosen instruments are displayed on the right of the screen, they will be added to the score in the displayed order. You can drag and drop them to sort them.
If you want to create a TAB, check the displayed option "Tabs mode". Tablatures can also be turned on or off later in the instruments settings (see below).
Instruments can easily be modified in an existing score. To open the instruments settings, click on the name of a part or on "Manage instruments" at the bottom of the instruments list, after clicking on the round instruments button on the left of the toolbar.
The instruments configuration window allows you to:
- Add, remove, or change the order of the instruments.
- Change the name of a part and the abbreviation.
- Replace an instrument with another one. This will replace all the settings of the instrument with the new one. If the original or the new instrument is a transposing instrument, this will automatically transpose the part for you to the new transposition mode.
- Add or remove staves of an instrument.
- Enabling/disable TAB for an instrument and customize the tuning of an instrument.
- Add and Edit custom brackets to group your parts.
You can use custom instruments configurations to create and save personnalized instruments configurations in your account. This allows you to quickly re-use configurations without having to manually set the parameters to every score you create.