Flat can be used offline as well, it's a Progressive Web App (PWA). This means you can re-open a score, edit it and even print it without having an Internet connection. Your changes are synchronized to Flat when you are back online.
To use our webapp offline to write a score:
- Be sure you have your web browser up-to-date (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari or Edge).
- Open the editor with the score you want to work offline
- That's all! The app can be used offline.
- Re-open your web browser at https://flat.io
- Only the scores that can be opened will be highlighted in your Library (see below).
- Open your score and keep editing it without the Internet.
- Once you will be back online, be sure to re-open the document so the changes made offline can be saved in your Flat account.
The following main features can be used while you are offline:
- Access your Library.
- View the recent scores you opened on Flat with our public sheet music viewer.
- Use our complete editor including playback, print, PDF/MusicXML/MIDI export, MIDI devices and output.